Scalability: The Big WOW for Your Business Sale
Sell-ability 101 – Part 2
What is a scalable business? A scalable business is a business which “increased revenues cost less to deliver than current revenues,” according to Briefing.com. According to Inc. Magazine’s John Warrillow, scalability also applies to your time. “If you operate a scalable business, you don’t have to do all the work. You can take on new clients without increasing your own workload.” Now that sounds good to all of us business owners.
Who is a scalable business? We all know examples of scalable businesses because they permeate the fast-food market place: McDonalds, Subway, and Taco Bell to name a few. All of these have been scaled across the country and around the world. Franchises and large chains are great examples of a scaled business models.
What are the benefits to the scalable business?
- Increased sale price of the business
- Time and freedom from the work place
- Financial gain
- Organizational strength and superiority
- Succession planning
- Expansion and contraction in times of need or excess
- Higher chance of success for growth in other markets
- Shorter time to open
- Ongoing support from home office
- Assistance in finding optimal site
- Selling power of a known brand
- Lowers costs through group buying
- Established business model
- Customer lead generations through websites and centralized call centers
In order to achieve Scalability, a business needs to first implement specific processes and procedures, develop a team, and groom talent. Once these items have been achieved, the business is scalable, which will significantly increase the SALE price of your business.
Call Brent (480) 250-6559 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org, to get detailed assistance in building, streamlining, and developing your business to the point of being FIT to SELL.
Brent is the Founder of BounceU a children’s entertainment franchise system, entrepreneur, Certified Public Accountant licensed in CA and Business Broker in the Phoenix area. He resides in Gilbert, Arizona with his wife and children. Brent is an avid cyclist and outdoor enthusiast.